Thursday, September 11, 2014

Drivers Cont...

Okay, just a few more rants, and then I will be done!

You know how the saying goes, "Green means go, yellow means GO FASTER!" It always seemed to be a joke when you saw someone blow through a yellow light. But here in Jersey, that saying is taken to heart. Meara was actually warned by someone to not brake on a yellow light, because there is a good chance you may get rear-ended. I think the saying even goes "Yellow go faster, and red you better really punch it!" in New Jersey.  They actually have delayed green lights, which are signified by a sign at many intersections, for the sole reason that they know people will be blowing through these till the last second. UNBELIEVABLE!

Horns: I think they should stop putting horns in cars. I have never been honked at so many times in my illustrious driving career. You better make sure that foot is ready go once that light turns green, or someone is bound to lay on their horn. I feel like I need some lessons from Jeff Gordon on how to get off the line. I think I am learning that you just need to ignore the horns you hear. In Seattle, you only honked if something truly terrible happened. In Jersey, if you don't honk at least once every time you are out on the road, you may be liable for a ticket (at least that's my perception). So I'm trying to get better and just go about my business, and try to ignore that constant horn in my ear...

Roads: Wow... Every time we move, we somehow expect the roads to get better, since we feel they are so terrible everywhere we have lived. However, the opposite has happened. Spokane, was bad, Seattle seemed to get a little worse in places, and New Jersey is on another level. I've never been jostled and thrown around so much by potholes in my life. And it never stops. You hope the next road you turn down will be better than the last, and that has yet to happen. I wonder if this is why all the drivers are so cranky?

No comments:

Post a Comment